Well here I go again! After a long stretch I drank after work yesterday. I definitely over drank. I can’t handle much when I take time periods off. I mean I woke up for work this am and felt “off.” Not too bad but my actions yesterday were off kilter.
1. When a very controversial sis in law confronted me about why my senior doesn’t have college plans yet and I tried to explain….she insisted it’s a must. Not your kid, not your decision. You don’t even know her hardly. I would have stayed more calm if I didn’t have 2 drinks in me. Period. I thought about it and later went up to her and said “Can we agree to disagree?” She said yes and that was that. I did be the better person. Being older sucks. 😂😂😂 ( BTW My in-laws had a cook out, that’s where this happened. )
2. I came home and called my parents. They love to hear from me! I agreed to a trip 5 hours away to visit my Great Aunt who is 90. Now this had been talked about for awhile, but alcohol pulled the trigger. Also-I had to look at my phone log to even see what time I called them. Just not okay on any level. BUT will be a good weekend trip with my parents and Great Aunt. My parents are in their late 70’s so I am looking forward to bonding time with me and just them.
3. I worked my ass off yesterday morning and the lady dropped off my pay in my garage while I was at the cook out. I appreciated that as it was cash. Yeah well I can’t figure out where the hell I put it! Really? Well that will be a nice find someday! 🙄🙁
4. I had a long task of things to do after that cook out. I DID do them all! OH BUT THERE’S A CATCH!! I don’t remember doing many of those tasks. I see they got done but can’t physically remember doing them. So dumb. Embarrassing actually.
5. I woke up to my 5:30am alarm, in bed with my day clothes still on. 4 stiff drinks made this entire shit show happen.
So…..thought I’d share the train wreck that I am. Well all I can do is build myself back up! I honestly can’t say I won’t drink again. I just keep making progress and I’m good with doing just that.
Anyone have any tips? I think I need new goals. My dog and horse have passed within a short time span. My only daughter at home now has a boyfriend, she’s a senior. I’m left with a lot of alone time after work. Also my job is a lot of alone time as well. My head spins. My husband got unlimited cell data so I can finally now listen to pod casts and music and such. I’m thinking of making actual write down goal list? Being just in my head, it’s easy to erase.
Anyway, thanks for reading and always your support no matter how awesomely good I’m doing and how awesomely bad I’m doing! I appreciate I can share with you all. ❤️